Saturday, April 14, 2012

BizTalk Server 2010 Cookbook

It’s about time someone authored a BizTalk Cookbook that all BizTalk Roles could relate to. Most BizTalk 2010 books have been geared towards developers only.

I had ordered this book several months ago and just received my copy yesterday. I hadn’t had a chance to read the book in depth. Normally I look at the table of contents and just read the chapters that interest me. I found this book a little different; all the chapters included sections that sparked my interest.

The author, Steef-Jan Wiggers is considered to be one of the top BizTalk experts in the world. He is well known and widely respected for his contributions to the BizTalk Community. He is a MVP for BizTalk, a distinction not easily earned.

Unlike most cookbooks, in which the chapters do not follow a pattern, I found that the recipes read much like tutorials. Steef-Jan has included sample code for each chapter.

Once I have time to thoroughly read the book and work through some of the samples, I will continue this review. From what I have seen so far, this book is a “must buy” for anyone involved with BizTalk. As I mentioned previously, this book is not only geared for BizTalk Developers.

The book is available from Amazon or from PackT.

No comments:

Post a Comment